Ghosal, Chinappa in quarters of National Squash C'ship
Saurav Ghosal defeated qualifier Ashish Keskar of Services 11-3 11-3 11-9.
Kolkata: India's ace racqueter Saurav Ghosal hardly broke a sweat to storm into the quarter-finals of the 60th National Squash Championship as all the seeded players had it easy on the opening day of the event here on Thursday.
The world No.21 defeated qualifier Ashish Keskar of Services 11-3 11-3 11-9 to set up a quarter-final clash against Delhi lad Gaurav Nandrajog who is seeded between 5 and 8.
Second seed Harinder Pal Sandhu defeated qualifier Aseem Ingale of Delhi 11-4 11-7 11-5.
In the women's draw, top seed Joshna Chinappa and talented Anaka Alankamony, seeded second, had it easy against their respective opponents. Joshna defeated Anupam Kumari of Bihar 11-0 11-1 11-2 while Anaka thrashed Mona Kumari of Bihar 11-2 11-0 11-2.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager