Ghosal, Chinappa in quarters of National Squash C'ship
Saurav Ghosal defeated qualifier Ashish Keskar of Services 11-3 11-3 11-9.
Kolkata: India's ace racqueter Saurav Ghosal hardly broke a sweat to storm into the quarter-finals of the 60th National Squash Championship as all the seeded players had it easy on the opening day of the event here on Thursday.
The world No.21 defeated qualifier Ashish Keskar of Services 11-3 11-3 11-9 to set up a quarter-final clash against Delhi lad Gaurav Nandrajog who is seeded between 5 and 8.
Second seed Harinder Pal Sandhu defeated qualifier Aseem Ingale of Delhi 11-4 11-7 11-5.
In the women's draw, top seed Joshna Chinappa and talented Anaka Alankamony, seeded second, had it easy against their respective opponents. Joshna defeated Anupam Kumari of Bihar 11-0 11-1 11-2 while Anaka thrashed Mona Kumari of Bihar 11-2 11-0 11-2.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology