DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gilles Simon reaches ABN AMRO World quarters
The fifth-seeded Frenchman will face the winner of the second-round match between Martin Klizan and Igor Sijsling.
Rotterdam: Gilles Simon became the first player to reach the quarterfinals of the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament by beating Italian qualifier Matteo Viola 6-3, 6-1 on Wednesday.
The fifth-seeded Frenchman will face the winner of the second-round match between Martin Klizan and Igor Sijsling, who upset Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the first round.
Marcos Baghdatis reached the second round when his French opponent Benoit Paire retired while trailing 6-0, 6-7 (3), 4-0.
Another French player, fourth-seeded Richard Gasquet, beat Viktor Troicki of Serbia 7-6 (3), 6-1 to reach the second round.
Later Wednesday, defending champion Roger Federer was playing Grega Zemlja in his first match of the tournament.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere