Gippy Grewal to dub for 'Die Hard 5'
It will be the first time a Hollywood film will be released with a Punjabi version.
Mumbai: The fifth installment of superhit Hollywood film 'Die Hard' will be released in India with a Punjabi version. Popular Punjabi actor-singer Gippy Grewal will do the dubbing for one of the characters in the movie, which will hit cinema houses on February 22.
'A Good Day to Die Hard' is an upcoming American action film directed by John Moore. American actor Bruce Willis reprises the lead role of John McClane, who travels to Russia to help his estranged son, Jack (actor Jai Courtney) but is
caught in the crossfire of a terrorist plot.
Besides Punjabi and English, the film will be released in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu in the country, which is an important market for Hollywood movies.
It will be the first time a Hollywood film will be released with a Punjabi version. Fox Star Studios has roped in Gippy to be part of the much-awaited high octane flick in Punjabi.
"It is my privilege to be associated with such a prestigious and well known international franchise like 'Die Hard'. I am a huge fan of 'Die Hard' films and loved the idea of the film being dubbed in Punjabi. I really enjoyed dubbing
for the film; I am sure my fans will absolutely love my part," Gippy said in a statement here.
The multi-talented singer, actor and youth icon will voice Hollywood's rising star Jai Courtney, who plays Bruce Willis' estranged son and partner in fighting the bad guys in the latest installment.
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani