Girl attempts suicide after reading report of her molestation
The girl was admitted to a govt hospital in Moradabad with 90 pc burn injuries. Later she was referred to a Delhi hospital.
Moradabad: A 17-year-old girl set herself on fire after reportedly reading about her molestation in a Hindi daily on Wednesday. According to the police, the girl was molested on Monday and the culprit was arrested on Tuesday after filing of an FIR in Civil Lines area of the city.
"However, a local Hindi daily carried a news item about the incident. The girl, who was apparently upset over it, set herself ablaze," said Satish Kumar, Inspector of Civil Lines police station.
With 90 per cent burn injuries, she was admitted to a government hospital here, and later she was referred to Safdargunj hospital in New Delhi. "The girl was admitted here with 90 per cent burn injuries and was referred to Delhi this morning," said Shiv Singh, Medical Officer of the government hospital.
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Britain's PM Theresa May Heads to India With Eye on Post-Brexit Trade
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Pakistan Likely to Announce Name of New Army Chief in a Week
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District