Girl attempts suicide after reading report of her molestation
The girl was admitted to a govt hospital in Moradabad with 90 pc burn injuries. Later she was referred to a Delhi hospital.
Moradabad: A 17-year-old girl set herself on fire after reportedly reading about her molestation in a Hindi daily on Wednesday. According to the police, the girl was molested on Monday and the culprit was arrested on Tuesday after filing of an FIR in Civil Lines area of the city.
"However, a local Hindi daily carried a news item about the incident. The girl, who was apparently upset over it, set herself ablaze," said Satish Kumar, Inspector of Civil Lines police station.
With 90 per cent burn injuries, she was admitted to a government hospital here, and later she was referred to Safdargunj hospital in New Delhi. "The girl was admitted here with 90 per cent burn injuries and was referred to Delhi this morning," said Shiv Singh, Medical Officer of the government hospital.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement