Girl dies after man cancels marriage for dowry
The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry.
Rewari: A young girl on Monday died of low blood pressure apparently caused due to depression after the boy with whom her marriage was fixed refused to tie the knot as her parents expressed their inability to meet his dowry demands, police said.
The family of Kanchan, a resident of Mohalla Meharwara, had arranged her marriage with Saurab, a resident of UP's Hathras town. The wedding was to take place on February 7.
The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry to Saurab following his family's demand, police said.
However, the boy's family on February 5 raised their demand and asked for a car in dowry. Kanchan's parents expressed their inability to meet the demand following which Saurab's family pulled out of the marriage arrangement.
The incident upset the girl and her blood pressure abruptly dipped. Kanchan was rushed to a hospital after her condition worsened but she could not be saved.
Her family members said they will lodge a police complaint against Saurab's family for torturing the girl mentally, which led to her death.
- Watch: Kapil Sharma Leaves ADHM Cast in Splits
- Ranbir Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai's Scorching Chemistry Will Make Your Jaws Drop
- The Break up Song in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Promotes Women Empowerment: Karan Johar
- Boris Johnson's Anti-Brexit Article Made Public by UK Daily
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha