DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Girl dies after man cancels marriage for dowry
The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry.
Rewari: A young girl on Monday died of low blood pressure apparently caused due to depression after the boy with whom her marriage was fixed refused to tie the knot as her parents expressed their inability to meet his dowry demands, police said.
The family of Kanchan, a resident of Mohalla Meharwara, had arranged her marriage with Saurab, a resident of UP's Hathras town. The wedding was to take place on February 7.
The girl's parents had given Rs 7.27 lakh cash and a motorcycle as dowry to Saurab following his family's demand, police said.
However, the boy's family on February 5 raised their demand and asked for a car in dowry. Kanchan's parents expressed their inability to meet the demand following which Saurab's family pulled out of the marriage arrangement.
The incident upset the girl and her blood pressure abruptly dipped. Kanchan was rushed to a hospital after her condition worsened but she could not be saved.
Her family members said they will lodge a police complaint against Saurab's family for torturing the girl mentally, which led to her death.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry