DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Girl kills herself after ex-friend blackmails her
A boy had threatened to put the girl's objectionable pictures online if she did not cancel her wedding with another person.
Kanpur: A girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after she was blackmailed by a former friend who threatened to post her objectionable pictures online if she did not cancel her wedding in February.
Sukanya, 24, residing in Naubasta Vikas area, was to get married on February 6. The girl's mother was on the terrace on Friday evening when she hanged herself inside her room using her dupatta. She was taken to a hospital where she was declared brought dead.
According to the police, Sukanya had left a suicide note in which she alleged that Manish and three of his friends used to blackmail her over the phone and talk about putting her pictures on the internet, due to which she was mentally disturbed and was committing suicide.
A case had been registered against Manish and his friends, who are absconding, they said.
The girl's father, Nand Lal, told the police that a few months back, Sukanya worked for a computer institute where she became friendly with Manish who would also come to their house.
However, when Sukanya's marriage was fixed, Manish allegedly started blackmailing her over phone, telling her to cancel her marriage or else he would put objectionable pictures of her on the internet.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh