Girl Molested; Her Friend Slapped, Asked to Learn Kannada in Bengaluru
A TV grab of the girl who was allegedly molested by a group of men on Sunday night. (CNN-News18)
Bengaluru: In yet another incident of molestation in Bengaluru, a 20 year-old-girl on Monday alleged that she was "molested and touched inappropriately" by four men on Sunday night when she was returning home, along with her friend, after having dinner.
Claiming that she and her friend got embroiled in an argument with a group of people over violation of traffic rules, the girl said that not only did people slap her friend, but also asked her to "learn Kannada".
The girl also said that the "accused tried snatching the keys of her friend's bike, pushed her to the ground, and molested her".
The reported altercation attracted the bystanders but to no avail. The victim’s friend was asked to go on his knees and beg to let them go. The bystanders stood by the accused because the victim didn’t know Kannada, according to the girl.
A case under section 354, 323, 504 and 506 of the Indian Penal code has been registered at Chikkajala Police station on the basis of the written complaint filed by the girl. All four accused have been arrested and identified by the complainant.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Rain Plays Spoilsport as RCB & SRH Share Points
- Sagarika Ghatge: Meet The Gorgeous, Talented Fiancee of Zaheer Khan
- Zaheer-Sagarika Perfect Match, Says Sachin Tendulkar
- Sonakshi Sinha-Armaan Malik Twitter Spat: Why This Debate Needs Attention
- Anushka Sharma Warns Virat Kohli Not to Shave Off his Beard