Girl sets herself on fire after being gangraped, dies in a hospital
The girl, before succumbing to her burn injuries, told police that her 'lover' and 3 of his friends took her near Getalsud dam and raped her.
Ranchi: A college girl on Wednesday committed suicide by setting herself on fire after she was allegedly raped by four youths near Getalsud dam on the outskirts of Ranchi.
The victim told the police before she succumbed to her burn injuries in a hospital that her 'lover' Vritranjan Prasad and three of his friends took her near the dam on March 17, raped her one by one and branded her as a "prostitute" before dumping her there alone, Superintendent of Police (Rural) A V Minz said quoting her statement.
The girl, who was a student in a college in Ranchi, identified the three friends as Utam Mahto, Gouri Shankar Munda and J Kujur, the SP said.
She hailed from a village in Ranchi district and was brought to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences in Ranchi city by her family members in extremely critical condition.
The statement further said that in the garb of being in love with her, the youth allegedly exploited her, and the inhuman act by the four came when she asked Prasad to marry her.
She also phoned Prasad after the incident for the marriage, but the latter disconnected the phone abruptly after repeating the same words "no" and "prostitute".
Her family members filed an FIR against the four, the police officer said. No arrest has been made so far.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology