DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Another WB shocker: Girl student strip-searched
The girl was allegedly strip-searched by a teacher as a punishment for allegedly stealing money.
Kolkata: After the Shantiniketan urine shocker, another teacher from West Bengal is making news for the wrong reasons. A Class 8 girl student in North 24 Paragans district was allegedly strip-searched before her classmates by a teacher as a punishment for allegedly stealing money.
The girl's father has lodged an FIR alleging that the teacher, Rupali, of Gopalnagar Giribala Balika Vidyalaya claimed that his daughter had stolen money from a classmate and stripped and searched her in the presence of other students, Sub-Divisional Police Officer Jayanta Mukherjee said.
The police are investigating the case, but no arrests have been made so far.
Mukherjee said a case under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage modesty) and section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC were lodged against the teacher.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Don't Enjoy the Same 'Privileges' As Dhoni, Says Harbhajan Singh
- Bollywood Stars Attend Karan Johar's Birthday Bash
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs
- Hardik Pandya Credits Rahul Dravid for His Meteoric Rise