Girl forced to clean school toilet, ends life
The girl was forced to clean the toilets after her parents reportedly failed to pay the school fee.
Saharanpur: In an shocking incident in Bhalsua village of Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, a 13-year-old schoolgirl allegedly committed suicide after she was forced to clean the school toilet following the failure to deposit her fees on time.
The victim Lakshmi was a class 3 student and was the daughter of a daily wage labourer. Her parents say she took the extreme step because she was feeling humiliated for having being forced to clean the school toilet.
"Just because I could not pay the fees, my daughter got into cleaning after the school hours. The school authorities did not raise voice against it, rather approved it. I never wanted my daughter to do such things and what I see after three days, is that she hanged herself," said Lakshmi's mother Reena.
Her parents said that school authorities told them that she would not be allowed to attend the classes till they cleared the arrears. When her parents expressed their helplessness the girl apparently took the extreme step in humiliation.
Police are investigating the matter. The school management has been inaccessible for comments.
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Watch: MNS Asks Pakistani Artistes To Leave In 48 Hours or Face Consequences
- Watch: Talking Point With Zakka Jacob
- Mouni Roy's Vacation Photos Will Give You Serious Travel Goals