Girl forced to clean school toilet, ends life
The girl was forced to clean the toilets after her parents reportedly failed to pay the school fee.
Saharanpur: In an shocking incident in Bhalsua village of Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh, a 13-year-old schoolgirl allegedly committed suicide after she was forced to clean the school toilet following the failure to deposit her fees on time.
The victim Lakshmi was a class 3 student and was the daughter of a daily wage labourer. Her parents say she took the extreme step because she was feeling humiliated for having being forced to clean the school toilet.
"Just because I could not pay the fees, my daughter got into cleaning after the school hours. The school authorities did not raise voice against it, rather approved it. I never wanted my daughter to do such things and what I see after three days, is that she hanged herself," said Lakshmi's mother Reena.
Her parents said that school authorities told them that she would not be allowed to attend the classes till they cleared the arrears. When her parents expressed their helplessness the girl apparently took the extreme step in humiliation.
Police are investigating the matter. The school management has been inaccessible for comments.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology