Girls arrested over Facebook post invited by IIM-A
The girls have been invited to interact with the students and teachers and share their experiences over the controversy.
Mumbai: The Palghar girls who were at the centre of a controversy related to their Facebook post after Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's death, have been invited by the prestigious IIM-Ahmedabad to interact with students.
"(The girls) have been invited to interact with the students and teachers of the Indian Institute of Management in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. They will be meeting with the professors and students of the institute on December 21 and 22," said the father of one of the girls.
On November 18, police arrested the Palghar girl who posted a comment on her Facebook questioning the shutdown after Thackeray's death on November 17 and when he was given a public cremation the next day. Her friend, who had 'liked' the Facebook comment, was also arrested.
"I am glad that I will be able to interact with students and teachers of the top B-school. Professor Anil Gupta emailed us and then spoke to us over the phone. He invited us to meet the students of IIM so that we could share our experiences over the controversy," said the girl who had posted the Facebook comment.
On November 29, Mahrashtra Director General of Police Sanjeev Dayal had said that a closure report would soon be filed in the case. However, it has not been filed yet.
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- BSF Says 7 Pak Rangers, Terrorist Killed in Retaliatory Firing Along Jammu Border
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire in Kathua District, 1 BSF Jawan Injured
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18