Girls Outshine Boys in Maharashtra HSC Class 12 Board Result 2017
Girls outperformed boys in the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Class 12 examinations, the results of which were declared on Tuesday.
Representative Image. (Image: Getty Images)
Pune: Girls outperformed boys in the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Class 12 examinations, the results of which were declared on Tuesday.
The overall pass percentage in Maharashtra stood at 89.50. The passing percentage for girls was 93.20, compared to 86.65 of boys, a senior official said.
The results for all the nine divisions - Pune, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nashik, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Latur and Konkan - were simultaneously declared.
14,29,478 students appeared for the exam this year and of them, 12,79,406 passed, he said.
Konkan division scored highest passing percentage with 95.20 whereas Mumbai was lowest with 88.21, the official added.
Recommended For You
- Blind Cricket World Cup: India Beat Pakistan by 2 Wickets to Lift Title
- South Africa vs India: Shardul, Saini Called in as Net Bowlers
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- My Birthday Song Review: A Thriller That Messes With Your Head
- The Hidden Meanings Behind the Most Recognizable Fashion Brand Logos