Give Radia tapes tanscript to CBI, ED: SC
Supreme court directed the IIT department to provide a transcript of tapped conversations of Nira Radia.
New Delhi: The Supreme court on Wednesday directed the Income Tax department to provide a transcript of tapped conversations of corporate lobbyist Nira Radia with corporate honchos, politicians and bureaucrats to CBI and ED which are probing 2G scam case.
A bench of justices GS Singhvi and AK Ganguly passed the order after CBI complained that the IT has not provided the transcript of 5000-hour tapped conversations.
As the bench was dictating the order for CBI, Enforcement Directorate also submitted it should also be given the transcript. The bench, after passing the order, said in a lighter vein that "it seems tapes are much in demand".
Transcripts of some of these tapes have already been published by various magazines, which has stirred a controversy, and Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata had approached the apex court to bar the media from airing his telephonic conversations with the corporate lobbyist.
Recommended For You
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner