DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Give Radia tapes tanscript to CBI, ED: SC
Supreme court directed the IIT department to provide a transcript of tapped conversations of Nira Radia.
New Delhi: The Supreme court on Wednesday directed the Income Tax department to provide a transcript of tapped conversations of corporate lobbyist Nira Radia with corporate honchos, politicians and bureaucrats to CBI and ED which are probing 2G scam case.
A bench of justices GS Singhvi and AK Ganguly passed the order after CBI complained that the IT has not provided the transcript of 5000-hour tapped conversations.
As the bench was dictating the order for CBI, Enforcement Directorate also submitted it should also be given the transcript. The bench, after passing the order, said in a lighter vein that "it seems tapes are much in demand".
Transcripts of some of these tapes have already been published by various magazines, which has stirred a controversy, and Tata Group Chairman Ratan Tata had approached the apex court to bar the media from airing his telephonic conversations with the corporate lobbyist.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet