DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Glee's gay pride episode creates controversy
Hit TV musical 'Glee' is under fire once again for it's portrayal of openly gay high school students.
New York: Hit TV musical 'Glee' is under fire once again for it's portrayal of openly gay high school students.
The Emmy award winning series has sparked rage in conservative quarters for its special 90-minute gay-themed episode titled 'Born This Way', reported Huffington Post online.
The episode featured Kurt, played by Golden Globe winner Chris Colfer, returning to his old school and receiving an apology from a closeted gay football player who had bullied him.
Celebrating acceptance, the show's cast sings Lady Gaga's gay pride anthem 'Born This Way'.
Hitting out at show creator Ryan Murphy, conservative media critic Dan Gainor said that the episode was his "latest depraved initiative to promote his gay agenda."
The show which explores the trials and tribulations of high school, had previously shown a lesbian relationship between the cheerleaders Brittany and Santana, including a kissing scene.
'Glee' was been honoured at the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) for it's positive portrayal of homosexual characters, just days earlier.
Recommended For You
- Ssumier Pasricha, Mallika Dua: Meet the Most Viral People on Internet
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish