DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Goa Education Minister detained at Mum airport
He was carrying Indian currency worth Rs 25 lakh and foreign currency worth Rs 1 crore.
Mumbai: Goa Education Minister Atanasio (Babush) Monserrate was detained on Saturday, at Mumbai airport.
He was caught with huge amounts of Indian and foreign currency beyond permitted limits for passengers traveling abroad and was about to board a flight to Dubai.
Monserrate was carrying cash worth Rs 25 lakh approximately in Indian currency and foreign currency worth Rs 1 crore approximately.
Monserrate's elder son Rohit was arrested in 2009 for allegedly raping a minor German girl in Goa.
In February, Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was detained for allegedly carrying about Rs 60 lakh of undeclared foreign currency at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots