Goa Education Minister detained at Mum airport
He was carrying Indian currency worth Rs 25 lakh and foreign currency worth Rs 1 crore.
Mumbai: Goa Education Minister Atanasio (Babush) Monserrate was detained on Saturday, at Mumbai airport.
He was caught with huge amounts of Indian and foreign currency beyond permitted limits for passengers traveling abroad and was about to board a flight to Dubai.
Monserrate was carrying cash worth Rs 25 lakh approximately in Indian currency and foreign currency worth Rs 1 crore approximately.
Monserrate's elder son Rohit was arrested in 2009 for allegedly raping a minor German girl in Goa.
In February, Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was detained for allegedly carrying about Rs 60 lakh of undeclared foreign currency at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi.
(With additional information from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali And Other Winners So Far
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game