Goa: Five youth held for raping minor girl
The girl was forced to drink some beverage laced with sedative, following which she fell unconscious.
Panaji: A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped in Mapusa town, police said on Wednesday. Five youths have been arrested in this connection on Tuesday night, after the victim lodged a complaint against them, police said.
"The incident had taken place twenty days back, when the girl was invited by one of the accused at his house, claiming that his mother wants to speak to her," Vishram Borkar, Superintendent of Police (North) said.
However, the girl was forced to drink some beverage laced with sedative, following which she fell unconscious and was later gangraped,he said.
The complaint was lodged days after the incident as the school-going victim could not muster courage to tell about the incident to her parents. However, a complaint was lodged on Tuesday after she narrated the incident to them.
Even after the incident, the accused had been demanding sexual favours from the girl, by threatening her to defame her socially. Results of the medical examination conducted on the girl are awaited, police said.
- Pakistan Postpones SAARC Summit After Five Member Countries Pull Out
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- 1st ODI: Azam, Nawaz Star as Pakistan Thrash West Indies
- US Lawmakers Support India's Counter-Terror Operations in PoK
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes