Goa rape victim's father threatens to go on hunger strike
The girl's father has been upset over police's failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence.
Panaji: The father of the seven-year-old girl, who was raped in a Goa school toilet on January 14, has threatened to sit on a hunger strike in front of the school if culprits are not arrested. The girl's father has been upset over police's failure to arrest the school staff, who allegedly tried to destroy evidence and also to nab the main culprit, who is still at large after raping the girl.
"The accused is still at large. We fear that he might attack my family," the victim's father said. Goa police had formed a 15 member Special Investigation Team (SIT) which has been working on several leads to nab the accused.
"I will be forced to sit on hunger strike in front of the school, if police continues to avoid arresting the accused," he said. The school staff has been booked for destroying the evidence as they had cleaned the girl after the rape.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology