DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Goa school rape case: Headmistress gets bail
The headmistress was arrested on charges of negligence on her part that led to rape of the minor in the school premises.
Panaji: A court on Tuesday granted bail to Sharlet Furtado, the headmistress of the school in Vasco town, where an unidentified man raped a seven-year-old student on January 14. The Goa Children's court granted her bail on a surety of Rs 25,000.
The headmistress was arrested on charges of negligence on her part that led to rape of the minor girl in the school premises. Furtado was booked under various sections of Goa Children's Act for negligence.
Furtado has been asked to report to the special investigation team of crime branch, which is probing the case. Crime branch has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet where she was sexually assaulted.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice. Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case. The culprit in the case is yet to be nabbed.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835