Goa school rape case: Headmistress gets bail
The headmistress was arrested on charges of negligence on her part that led to rape of the minor in the school premises.
Panaji: A court on Tuesday granted bail to Sharlet Furtado, the headmistress of the school in Vasco town, where an unidentified man raped a seven-year-old student on January 14. The Goa Children's court granted her bail on a surety of Rs 25,000.
The headmistress was arrested on charges of negligence on her part that led to rape of the minor girl in the school premises. Furtado was booked under various sections of Goa Children's Act for negligence.
Furtado has been asked to report to the special investigation team of crime branch, which is probing the case. Crime branch has also booked a case against school authorities for destruction of evidence after the management allegedly gave bath to the girl, washed her clothes and cleaned the toilet where she was sexually assaulted.
The January 14 rape offence sparked outrage with people protesting on the streets demanding justice. Goa police formed a 15-member special investigation team to probe the case. The culprit in the case is yet to be nabbed.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience