Goa school rape: Crime branch to probe incident
The 7-year-old girl was found Monday in a state of shock in the school toilet after being raped by an unknown person.
Panaji: The crime branch has been directed to probe the rape of a seven-year-old girl in the school premises in Vasco, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Tuesday. While the rapist is still at large, Crime Branch officials have arrested the headmistress of the school for inordinately delaying the registration of a first information report (FIR).
"The Crime Branch will probe the complaint of rape and negligence by the headmistress separately," the chief minister said. The chief minister, along with top administration and police officials, had to rush to the school Monday night after irate residents and friends of the victim's parents laid siege and did not allow the staff to step out.
According to the police, the girl was found Monday in a state of shock in the school toilet after being raped by an unknown person who had slipped into the school premises in Vasco, 40 km from Panaji. The education ministry, which is headed by Parrikar, has ordered the school shut for two days in view of public ire.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Watch: Big5@10 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- Watch: India @9 With Zakka Jacob
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18