Golf: Atwal off to poor start at PGA tour
The Indian golfer shot one-over 71 to be placed tied 91 at the McGladrey Classic.
St Simons Island, USA: Arjun Atwal got off to a disappointing start as he shot one-over 71 to be placed tied 91 after being two-under at one stage here at the McGladrey Classic on the PGA Tour.
Atwal, who is now on 92nd position in the Money List and needs to stay inside top-125 to keep his card for 2012, had two birdies and two bogeys on the front nine followed by two more birdies on 10th and 11th, which put him in a good position.
But things started to go wrong thereafter with three bogeys on 12th, 14th and 17th and he finally ended with a 71, which means he needs to fire a good second round to ensure he stays on for the weekend.
Webb Simpson, who is making a bid at winning PGA Tour Money title, made eight birdies for a 7-under 63 at the Seaside Course. It gave him a share of the lead with tour rookie Zack Miller.
Simpson has won twice in his last five tournaments, which leaves him USD 68,971 behind Luke Donald on the money list with two tournaments remaining.
Donald is not playing this week and he will decide whether he will be playing the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Classic next week in the final event of the PGA Tour season.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show