UP: Education Minister opposes anti-encroachment drive
Vinod Kumar Singh was earlier accused of threatening and manhandling a CMO.
New Delhi: A Uttar Pradesh minister has sparked controversy by opposing the anti-encroachment drive by Gonda district authorities. Minister of State for Secondary Education Vinod Kumar Singh has accused district authorities of harassing people.
The District Magistrate though said that the programme was in compliance with High Court's orders.
Singh was dropped from the UP ministry in October 2012 following charges of abduction and manhandling of a Chief Medical Officer. But he was re-inducted in the state cabinet in February.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More