Good actor can enact scene in many ways: Lakshmi Manchu
From the perspective of a producer, she said movies seldom fail, but budgets do.
Hyderabad: Telugu producer cum actor Lakshmi Manchu said Saturday that a hallmark of a good actor is that he or she can perform one single scene in three million different ways. "If you need to excel in the art of filmmaking, then you need to adapt to all crafts of filmmaking. One needs to learn to perform a single scene in three million different ways as an actor.
As a director, one should also get in front of the camera and act to bring the best out of the cast," said Lakshmi, addressing graduating students of Annapurna International School for Film and Media here.
From the perspective of a producer, she said movies seldom fail, but budgets do. "We make a big budget film when it could have been done in a lot more simpler way because audiences in this region like to see big things on screen. They like to see their hero doing larger than life stunts and expect lot of magnificence in the film," she said.
"This is why most big budgets fail. But, now I feel that we are inching towards making films like those made in other industries which are smaller in budget and experimental in nature," Lakshmi added.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan