Jade Goody's widower Jack Tweed charged with rape
The news comes barely five months after the death of Goody.
London: Jack Tweed, the widower of reality TV star Jade Goody, has been charged with raping a teenaged girl.
The news comes barely five months after the death of Goody, who had turned into a public hero due to her battle with cancer.
The 22-year-old Essex native was charged with one count of rape and will appear in court on Monday, reported Daily Mail online.
Tweed was arrested on Sunday, along with two other men in their twenties, following a complaint from a 19-year-old girl.
The alleged assault took place at Tweed's bachelor pad in Redbridge, where he took the girl after meeting her at a night-club.
Tweed was only released from prison in January this year, after serving a portion of an 18-month sentence for beating a 16-year-old boy with a golf club.
He was arrested again for assaulting a taxi-driver and released from jail in May after serving half of a 12-week sentence.
Tweed, whose drunken partying after the death of Big Brother star Goody led to endless headlines, has spoken widely about how he has struggled to come to terms with her death and admitted turning to alcohol to ease the pain.
Last month he had admitted to a drunken one-night stand with wannabe model Lisa O'Connor, which he claimed made him feel "sick and dirty".
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines