Jade Goody's widower Jack Tweed charged with rape
The news comes barely five months after the death of Goody.
London: Jack Tweed, the widower of reality TV star Jade Goody, has been charged with raping a teenaged girl.
The news comes barely five months after the death of Goody, who had turned into a public hero due to her battle with cancer.
The 22-year-old Essex native was charged with one count of rape and will appear in court on Monday, reported Daily Mail online.
Tweed was arrested on Sunday, along with two other men in their twenties, following a complaint from a 19-year-old girl.
The alleged assault took place at Tweed's bachelor pad in Redbridge, where he took the girl after meeting her at a night-club.
Tweed was only released from prison in January this year, after serving a portion of an 18-month sentence for beating a 16-year-old boy with a golf club.
He was arrested again for assaulting a taxi-driver and released from jail in May after serving half of a 12-week sentence.
Tweed, whose drunken partying after the death of Big Brother star Goody led to endless headlines, has spoken widely about how he has struggled to come to terms with her death and admitted turning to alcohol to ease the pain.
Last month he had admitted to a drunken one-night stand with wannabe model Lisa O'Connor, which he claimed made him feel "sick and dirty".
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary