Google doodles cake, candles on its 14th birthday
The selection of September 27 as Google's birthday is one one of convenience than the actual date when the company was founded.
New Delhi: On September 27, 2012 Google turns 14 and the search giant celebrates the occasion with a doodle on its home page. The animated doodle shows a chocolate cake with 14 candles on it and the Google logo etched on the cake. The cake then gets covered in Google colours and the 14 candles rearrange themselves as tally marks to denote the number 14.
Interestingly, the selection of September 27 as Google's birthday seems to be a one of convenience than the actual date when the company was founded.
Google celebrated September 7 (the day when the company was incorporated) as its birthday till 2005. In 2005 Google changed the date to September 27 to make it coincide with the announcement of the record number of pages that the search engine was indexing.
It's has been 14 years since 1998 when two Stanford university students, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, got together to form a company that would change the face of the Internet, for ever.
In 2011, when Google turned 13, Google doodled for itself a photograph that showed Google's 13th birthday celebrations. It had a cake on a table with 13 candles on it, and Google logo sat around the table in party hats while gifts and baloons added to the celebratory mood.
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Police Targeting DMK Cadres Over Rumours About Jayalalithaa's Health: Stalin
- Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot Teases Nintendo NX
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Bigg Boss 10: Antara Biswas Wants to Grab Salman Khan's Attention
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief