Google doodles opening ceremony London 2012
The Olympics opening ceremony doodle shows five athletes on the track holding the letters of the Google logo.
New Delhi: On July 27 at 9:00 PM GMT the world's biggest sporting extravaganza will officially begin in London and Google is also going to the games with its London 2012 Opening Ceremony doodle.
The doodle shows five athletes on the track holding the letters of the Google logo. The Olympic disciplines depicted on the Google Olympics opening ceremony doodle are football, swimming, running/jumping, javelin throw, fencing and basketball.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games is the 30th modern Olympic Games and it will continue from July 27, 2012 to August 12, 2012, although group stages in women's football began on July 25.
Over 10,500 athletes from 204 countries are expected to participate in 302 events in 26 sports. With the 2012 games London becomes the first city to host the modern Olympic Games thrice. The British capital had previously hosted the event in 1908 and 1948.
The Indian contingent to London 2012 is a 142-member strong, comprising 81 athletes and 36 coaches. India is taking part in 13 disciplines.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Sourav Ganguly Denies Ignoring Dhoni in Fantasy Team
- Azlan Shah 2017: India Gear up for 'Season Opener' in Malaysia
- Salman Khan Asks Fans To 'Instantly Welcome' Katrina Kaif On Instagram
- Gautam Gambhir to Bear Expenses of Sukma Martyrs' Children
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users