Google drops Gmail app support for BlackBerry users
From November 22, Google will stop supporting Gmail application for BlackBerry devices.
New York: Google, maker of Android software for mobile phones, will stop supporting the application for Gmail for rival Research in Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry smartphones.
"Beginning November 22, 2011, we will end support for the Gmail App for BlackBerry (installed native app). Over this past year, we've focused efforts on building a great Gmail experience in the mobile browser and will continue investing in this area," Google said.
This means that from November 22, Google will stop supporting Gmail application for BlackBerry devices and the Gmail applications currently running on the BlackBerry will no longer be maintained and enhanced by Google. However, users who have already downloaded the app may continue to use it, the company added.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner