Google forgets to add 'December' on Android 4.2 JellyBean
In the People/Contacts app, Google has forgotten to include December; after November 2012, comes January 2013.
New Delhi: If your birthday, anniversary, or another special day falls in December, and your handset is running the latest version of Android, 4.2 Jelly Bean, you'll find that the month of December is missing in the People/Contacts app. This app comes as a stock application, and is a part of the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
Android Police reports that in the People/ Contacts app, Google has forgotten to include December. Google has added only 11 months in the calendar year. After November 2012, comes January 2013.
Android Police has reported the issue, and Google has acknowledged it. Android Police states, "After digging through the AOSP source, I think the bug can be likely found in one of these commits, probably in the packages/apps/Contacts/src/com/android/contacts/datepicker/DatePicker.java file - if you spot it, definitely drop a note in the comments. I think it has to do with adjusting for indexes that start with 0 - "off by 1" bugs are quite common."
This is a rather big problem and from the looks of it, Google should release an update with a fix in the near future. Google announced Android 4.2 last month, and this version still retains the Jelly Bean branding like Android 4.1.
To read more visit: www.tech2.com
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan