Google most trusted online brand in India: Survey
EBay took the fifth slot, which topped the list of e-commerce brands, followed by AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX.in.
Mumbai: Google is the most trusted online brand in the country, with Facebook coming in at number two, says a study by Brand Trust Advisory. Yahoo has emerged as the second-most trusted search engine after Google, says the report.
The survey was conducted in 16 cities, taking into consideration 19,000 unique brands across 211 categories, Trust Research Advisory Chief Executive Officer N Chandramouli said. Social networking sites are gaining popularity, with Orkut and Twitter ranking fourth and sixth respectively overall.
"Google's Orkut, steadied at fourth rank despite a significant fall in daily visitors from here. Facebook has ranked first in the sub-category of social networking," he said. The fifth slot has gone to shopping portal eBay, which tops in the list of e-commerce brands followed by AOL, Amazon, Ibibo and OLX.in.
YouTube, which ranks ninth, leads the sub-category of online sharing portals, while Naukri managee the 24th position overall.
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Donald Trump's Campaign Says Raised $9 mn Through Live Facebook Event
- New Trump Accuser Said He Groped Her at 1998 Tennis Event
- 'Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields'
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor