Google+ offers custom URLs for verified accounts
A custom URL is a short, easy to remember web address, and will make it easier for people to find a profile.
New York: Google Inc has started the roll out of custom URLs for a limited number of verified users of its online social network Google+.
A custom URL is a short, easy to remember web address, and will make it easier for people to find a brand or a profile on Google+. The feature is already being offered by Twitter and Facebook.
The Custom URLs have been rolled out for a limited number of profiles, including the footballer David Beckham, fashion brand Hugo Boss, actor Hugh Jackman, singer Britney Spears, and Japanese car maker Toyota, the company said in a blogpost.
"At first, we are introducing custom URLs to a limited number of verified profiles and pages. But over time we plan to offer custom URLs to many more brands and individuals," Google product manager Saurabh Sharma said in the blog post.
"For instance, +TOYOTA can now use google.com/+toyota to unveil their latest models, +Britney Spears can share her upcoming appearances at google.com/+britneyspears...," he added.
Verified social network accounts with well-known names as Web addresses are intended to make it easy to find high - profile people or brands and avoid problems with impostors.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology