Google opens up YouTube video rental and purchase for Indian users
Movies available on rent on YouTube are available at prices starting from Rs 50.
New Delhi: In sync with making Google Play Movies available in India, Google has also introduced YouTube video rentals and purchases for Indian users.
YouTube Rentals is a pay-to-view model on YouTube. This model allows content owners to generate revenue tapping into the world's largest online video community.
The YouTube Rentals was originally launched as a beta and was available only to content owners in the US.
Movies rented on YouTube are available at prices starting from Rs 50 and the rent varies according to the resolution of the video. Users also have an option to purchase a movie at a price which is, of course, substantially higher than renting.
Users have to start watching rented videos within 30 days and once they have started viewing, they have to finish watching within 48 hours. The rental period will expire after the stipulated time. No such restrictions, however, exist, for purchased videos.
Recommended For You
- World RecordSubstitute Bangladesh Wicketkeeper Imrul Kayes Sets World Record
- revisiting old times!Rekha Is Ditching Kanjivaram Saris For Something Strange These Days
- Partner ContentWatch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- pune odiKedar Jadhav Gave Us No Chance, Says England Captain Eoin Morgan
- Virat SpeakVirat Kohli Interview: Captain Speaks For the First Time