Google Play Books updated; new features include 'Read aloud' and 'pinch to zoom'
The "Read aloud" feature allows users to listen to most flowing text books.
New Delhi: Google has now made some updates to Google Play Books for Android. The new version now includes an interesting feature "Read aloud" that allows users to listen to most flowing text books. In other words, the read aloud feature will read books to users.
This new feature is touted to work with most text-heavy e-books. It does not require any special resources on the part of the e-book itself, reported The Verge.
Besides, the company has also made some other improvements. Users can now pinch-zoom or double-tap-zoom in all books. All text editing features are available for notes. Personalised recommendations are shown at the end of library and at the end of the books.
Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements are also included in the version. The updated version of Google Play Books is now available for download.
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Modi combining best of Gandhi, Nehru to bring '3rd revolution' in India: Shimon Peres
- Israel will respond with "full force" if Syria attacks, says Peres