Google rolls out Andorid 4.4 KitKat update for Nexus 7, Nexus 10
The new KitKat version of Android integrates Google search technology directly into the phone in various ways.
New Delhi: Having already shipped its latest Android 4.4 KitKat OS with the Nexus 5 smartphone, Google has now announced the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013) and Nexus 10 devices. Shedding some light on the rollout process, Google said, "the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 versions with mobile data will be getting the update soon."
Google had unveiled the newest version of its Android smartphone software early this month, aiming to allow more smartphone users access to its evolving menu of online services such as driving directions voice-activated search.
The new KitKat version of Android integrates Google search technology directly into the phone in various ways. The phone's contact list allows users to find phone numbers of their personal acquaintances as well as of local businesses, such as restaurants and dry cleaners.
Google also showed off a new feature that will allow smartphone users to find information by searching pages on the Web as well as information within the apps they have loaded on their phones. A search for a particular chocolate cookie recipe, for example, could yield results from a cooking app.
Google's Android software runs on 80 per cent of the world's smartphones, according to industry analysts. But many of the Android devices sold use older versions of the software, which are not compatible with many new features.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Indus Treaty: How India Can Use Existing Provisions to Send a Message to Pakistan