Google services to be closed down in Egypt?
Egypt's telecommunication authority said that all Google services must be shut down to fully suspend YouTube in the country over an anti-Muslim film.
Cairo: Egypt's telecommunication authority said that all Google services must be shut down to fully suspend YouTube in the country over an anti-Muslim film.
Head of Egypt's National Telecommunication Regulatory Authority Abdal-Rahamn al-Sawi said that in order to shut down YouTube in Egypt, as per a court verdict, all Google services must be shut down along as Google provides its services over several servers.
The Egyptian administrative court had ordered that video-sharing website YouTube be blocked for a month for hosting the anti-Islam film that triggered deadly outrage across the Muslim world last year.
The court obligated that Egyptian authorities take measures to block access to the site for a month, after a complaint by an Egyptian who accused YouTube of being a "threat to social peace" by putting the US-made film on line.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology