Google's Eric Schmidt uses a BlackBerry!
Schmidt revealed his preference for BlackBerry during a rapid fire round at Google's Big Tent.
New Delhi: Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt uses a BlackBerry! May be too surprising, but it's true. "I am a BlackBerry user. I like the keyboard of BlackBerry," said Schmidt answering some rapid-fire questions from the Editor of a British daily at Google's Big Tent - a forum to discuss Internet and its impact on economy, governance etc.
BlackBerry is a technology rival of Google's operating system Android - an open software - which is used in many makes of smartphones, like Samsung Galaxy. BlackBerry's operating system is BlackBerry OS.
Schmidt also categorically said there isn't any plan to converge Android and Web browser Chrome and Apps divisions. "No is the answer, we don't make decisions based on who the leader is, we make decisions based on where the technology takes us," he said when asked if the three will be merged.
"...there can be more commonality for sure (between Android and Chrome) but they surely be remain separate for a very long time because they are so different products," Schmidt said.
Nearly a week ago, Indian-origin Sunder Pichai, head of Chrome and Apps, had taken the charge of Android as well. 40-year-old Pichai, an IIT-Kharagpur alumnus, has replaced Andy Rubin, the man behind the success of Google's Android division. Rubin stepped down as the executive in charge of Google's Android operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, ending a seven-year stint.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- World Bank Commits to Fulfilling Obligations Under Indus Waters Treaty: Pakistan
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- Siddaramaiah Says Not Possible To Release Water Right Away