Google's Mother's Day doodle is a card building machine
You can create a total of 81 different cards with Google's Mother's Day doodle.
New Delhi: Forgot to pick that Mother's Day card for your Mom? Don't worry, you can create one with the Mother's Day Google doodle visible on the Google home pages in 52 countries on the second Sunday of May.
With Google's card building machine doodle you can create 27 different cards for your mother with a choice of three borders (a total of 81). Google has also added a first-of-its-kind feature on a Google doodle, the ability to take a high-resolution printout for your creations.
You can also share your doodle card on Google Plus with the message, "I made a Mother's Day card on the Google homepage! #mothersdaydoodle".
The Mother's Day doodle was the brainchild of Google doodler Mike Dutton and Google engineer Joey Hurst, who helped created iconic Google doodles such as the Moog Synthesiser and Les Paul guitar, brought the idea of digital life.
This isn't the first of make-your-own doodle Google doodle. On November 24, 2011 Google had let its users in the United States to make their own 'Hand Turkey' doodle for Thanksgiving.
While Mother's Day is celebrated on different days in many parts of the world, it is the second Sunday of May (May 8 in 2011) is most widely celebrated. Anna Marie Jarvis, had started a campaign in 1907 following her mother's death to make Mother's Day a recognised holiday in the US. In 1912 she obtained trademarks for the phrases "second Sunday in May" and "Mother's Day" and established the Mother's Day International Association. US President President Woodrow Wilson signed a law making the holiday official. But Jarvis was disappointed with the commercialisation of the event.
The ancient Greek and Romans also held festivities in honour of their mother goddesses. In Britain and Celtic Europe, goddess Brigid and later St. Brigid were honoured with a Mother's Day in spring.
Google has been celebrating Mother's Day with its doodles for a number of years now and the all previous Mother's Day doodle had a flower in it.
Along with the Mother's Day doodle Google is also pushing its own services with a link below the doodle that says, "To all the Moms today: Thank you" and leads to a page with a 'Here's to the Moms' YouTube video that hints at how to use Google services to thank your mother and the page also provides links and tips for gift ideas, keeping in touch, entertaining sending flowers, sharing moments and also how to teach your mother technology.
All the 81 Mother’s Day cards that can be created with Google’s interactive Mother’s Day doodle. WHich will you choose for your Mom?
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Pan Masala Row: Saddened to Know It Can Cause Cancer, Says Pierce Brosnan
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Eight Killed in Firecracker Mishap at Sivakasi
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- UNSC Fails to Adopt Rival Resolutions on Syria
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18