Goon lynched to death by furious mob in Nagpur
The alleged murder took place on September 25 and the body was buried in the same slum colony.
Nagpur: A notorious criminal involved in a number of illegal activities along with his brother, was allegedly lynched to death by an angry mob near the busy Amravati road in Nagpur even as his sibling managed to flee from the spot, police said on Wednesday.
The accused Iqbal Sheikh alias Guru (30) was badly beaten up on Tuesday night by swords, sticks, stones, cricket bats and wooden posts on a footpath near the slum colony in Sitabuldi here, they said. The mob, including women, chased Sheikh from a nearby garden and continued to thrash him till he breathed his last.
Even after his death, people continued to vent their anger on him, police said.
Iqbal's brother Akram Sheikh, who allegedly sold drugs and ran a gambling den in the slum close to the spot, somehow managed to escape the mob's fury. The staff from Sitabuldi police station, which rushed to the spot to control the situation, also faced the wrath of the crowd.
They smashed the windscreens of the police vehicle and marched to the police station, a few metres away from the spot and virtually laid siege to it. According to police, the slum residents have alleged that the brother-duo had killed one person earlier in the day. Police have registered cases against the mob and also against the duo for alleged murder. Further investigations are
Meanwhile, city police on Wednesday exhumed the body of a 30-year-old trader identified as Rohit Jain, who was allegedly killed by the goon. According to police the trader dealt in imported electronic goods and was a resident of Seoni. Jain had taken some loan from Sheikh brothers and was not returning the amount.
The alleged murder took place on September 25 and the body was buried in the same slum colony. The Sheikh brothers had spread terror among the slum dwellers and the murder was shrouded in mystery till the lynching, police sources said.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Indo-Pak matches filled with emotions, Says Pakistan Hockey Coach Khawaja Junaid
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 2 in Abu Dhabi
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP