'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' is Punit's love story: Karan Johar
Karan Johar has revealed that his latest production 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' is an autobiographical drama.
Mumbai: Karan Johar has revealed that his latest production 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' is an autobiographical drama based on the true life experience of the film's director Punit Malhotra.
Starring Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor, the film follows the story of a guy who travels all the way to a village from the city he lives in to win his love.
When asked if such things happen in real life, Karan replied: "Today, we are making a revelation... Very honestly, this is a true story. It happened to Punit. He did actually lose a relationship."
The 41-year-old was speaking at the first look launch of the film Tuesday.
In 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' promo, Imran's character follows his girlfriend, played by Kareena, to a village where she is working as a social worker.
Further revealing Punit's love story, Karan said: "He tried to pursue this girl, he crossed a few parts of the country to reach the heartland to woo the woman. She is now married and settled with children."
"This is an autobiographical film. 'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' is Punit's love story. He never shared the details, but we know there was a girl."
'Gori Tere Pyaar Mein' hits theatres Nov 22.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology