Government clerk assaulted by AP Minister's supporters
Sources said Sambasiva Rao was beaten up by two youths after heated arguments between them near a traffic signal in the upscale area.
Hyderabad: A government clerk was on Thursday assaulted allegedly by some supporters of an Andhra Pradesh minister outside a police station in Banjara Hills area in Hyderabad.
Sambasiva Rao, working as camp clerk in the office of Additional Director General (Greyhounds), was beaten up by two youths after heated arguments between them near a traffic signal in the upscale area in late afternoon, sources said.
Following the incident, Rao, who was driving a car, lodged a complaint with Banjara Hills police station against the bike-borne youths, who also filed a counter-complaint.
Meanwhile, the Minister, along with his supporters, reached the police station. Under alleged instruction from the Minister, his supporters dragged Rao out of the police station and thrashed him, they said.
However, police did not confirm the incident and senior officials were unavailable for comment.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- US Presidential Debate: Trump Refuses to Say He Will Accept Election Results
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan