Government clerk assaulted by AP Minister's supporters
Sources said Sambasiva Rao was beaten up by two youths after heated arguments between them near a traffic signal in the upscale area.
Hyderabad: A government clerk was on Thursday assaulted allegedly by some supporters of an Andhra Pradesh minister outside a police station in Banjara Hills area in Hyderabad.
Sambasiva Rao, working as camp clerk in the office of Additional Director General (Greyhounds), was beaten up by two youths after heated arguments between them near a traffic signal in the upscale area in late afternoon, sources said.
Following the incident, Rao, who was driving a car, lodged a complaint with Banjara Hills police station against the bike-borne youths, who also filed a counter-complaint.
Meanwhile, the Minister, along with his supporters, reached the police station. Under alleged instruction from the Minister, his supporters dragged Rao out of the police station and thrashed him, they said.
However, police did not confirm the incident and senior officials were unavailable for comment.
- Xiaomi Mi5s, Mi 5s Plus Smartphones Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 SoCs Launched in China
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Top 5: 4G Smartphones Under Rs 10,000; Is Xiaomi Still The King?
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Gautam Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh Clear Fitness Test in NCA
- India to Reclaim Top Spot If They Win Kolkata Test Against New Zealand
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP