DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Government hospital doctor arrested for taking bribe
The officer said that ACB laid a trap and caught the doctor red-handed taking the money at his office in the hospital.
Jaipur: A senior doctor at a government hospital in Rajasthan's Udaipur district was arrested on Friday for taking bribe of Rs 500 for treating a breast cancer patient, police said. Dr Suresh Kumar Dangayach, the head of radio therapy department at Maharana Bhupal Hospital in Udaipur, 300 km from Jaipur, was trapped by the state police's Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB).
According to Additional Superintendent of Police Bhupal Singh Chudawat, Shyam Sundar Suthar had recently lodged complaint against the doctor. "Shyam Sundar Suthar had taken his relative Kankubai to Dr Dangayach for treatment of breast cancer. On the first visit, the doctor forced Suthar to give him Rs 200 as consultation fee. On the second visit, Suthar had to give Rs 500. When the doctor asked him to come with Rs 500 again, he lodged a complaint with the ACB," said Chudawat.
The officer said that doctors cannot take consultation fees at government hospitals in the state. The officer said that ACB laid a trap and caught the doctor red-handed taking the money at his office in the hospital.
Recommended For You
- Govt Says No Chance of Indo-Pak Bilateral Series in Current Scenario
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Did Priyanka Chopra Just Talk About Her Relationship With Shah Rukh Khan?
- Opinion – Which 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire Variant Should You Buy?
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan