Government hospital wardboy rapes a two-and-half-year-old girl
Shops were also closed to protest over the incident, police said, adding the situation was tense in the town for some time, but has been brought under control.
Shajapur: A two-and-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a wardboy of the government hospital at Kanad town, about 30 kms from Shajapur, police said. The incident took place on Thursday when the girl was at the hospital with her mother, who had been admitted there for delivery, they said.
The accused, identified as Lakhan Yogi (21) took the girl to an adjacent room and raped her there, police said. After hearing the girl cry loudly, people rushed into the room, by which time Lakhan had escaped from the spot. However, he was later arrested from the town, police added. Enraged over the incident, people ransacked the government hospital and also pelted stones.
Shops were also closed to protest over the incident, police said, adding the situation was tense in the town for some time, but has been brought under control. The victim was referred to Ujjain for treatment, they said.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"