DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Government hospital wardboy rapes a two-and-half-year-old girl
Shops were also closed to protest over the incident, police said, adding the situation was tense in the town for some time, but has been brought under control.
Shajapur: A two-and-half-year-old girl was allegedly raped by a wardboy of the government hospital at Kanad town, about 30 kms from Shajapur, police said. The incident took place on Thursday when the girl was at the hospital with her mother, who had been admitted there for delivery, they said.
The accused, identified as Lakhan Yogi (21) took the girl to an adjacent room and raped her there, police said. After hearing the girl cry loudly, people rushed into the room, by which time Lakhan had escaped from the spot. However, he was later arrested from the town, police added. Enraged over the incident, people ransacked the government hospital and also pelted stones.
Shops were also closed to protest over the incident, police said, adding the situation was tense in the town for some time, but has been brought under control. The victim was referred to Ujjain for treatment, they said.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka Shetty's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Roger Moore Had Prouder Achievements Than Playing James Bond
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO