DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Government official arrested for allegedly beheading his son-in-law
Police said that the accused committed this brutal act when his Christian son-in-law refused to convert to Hinduism.
A Tripura government official was arrested for allegedly beheading his Christian son-in-law who refused to convert to Hinduism, police said in Agartala on Saturday. Gobinda Jamatia, 51, had beheaded Tapas Bin May 23 with the help of Krishnapada Jamatia, who allegedly practices sorcery, after Tapas refused to convert.
Police said Gobinda was arrested from Gobinda at Teliamura in western Tripura, 50 km north of Agartala. A local court sent him to police custody till July 20. He is an official of Tripura's science and technology department. Three people were arrested earlier for the murder.
Tapas, 35, used to give tutions to Gobinda's daughter Jentuly and married her three years ago. The couple has a one-year-old son. "My father did not recognise our marriage and had been pushing Tapas to convert to Hinduism, which he refused. My father brutally butchered my husband and he might kill me and my son too," Jentuly told police.
Before beheading Tapas, Gobinda and Krishnapada conducted a traditional ritual, police said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand