Government spent Rs 9,573 on Kasab's funeral
The information on the expenditure on Kasab was obtained through an RTI query by Athak Seva Sangh chairman Anil Galgali.
Mumbai: Both Maharashtra and the Union government spent Rs 28.46 crore to provide food, security, medicines and clothes during Ajmal Kasab's confinement in Arthur Road Central prison in Mumbai and at Yerwada jail in Pune. The government spent Rs 9,573 on Kasab's funeral and on the day of his execution, it spent Rs 33.75 on food and Rs 169 on his clothes, according to information obtained through an RTI query by Athak Seva Sangh chairman Anil Galgali.
"After I filed an application to obtain the information, the government replied to various questions but postmortem and mercy petition documents were denied by the state government," Galgali said. Galgali had asked government to provide the total expenditure details on Kasab and his postmortem and mercy petition documents.
Maharashtra government spent Rs 6,76,49,676.82 on Kasab including food (Rs 43,417.67), security (Rs 1,50,57,774. 90), medicines (Rs 32,097),clothes (Rs 2047), security construction (Rs 5,25,16,542) and funeral (Rs 9573).
Galgali has filed a "first appeal" with the Deputy Secretary of the Home department seeking information related to postmortem and mercy petition which the Under Secretary had denied.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1