Government's Rs 12,000 crore NTPC stake sale on Feb 7
The government expects to sell shares in four other state companies before March-end, Mathur told reporters.
Mumbai: The government expects to raise around Rs 12000 crore by selling a 9.5 per cent stake in state power utility NTPC Ltd in a share auction on February 7, Disinvestment Secretary Ravi Mathur said.
The floor price for the offer will be announced on Wednesday, he said.
Share sales in state companies has been a key element of the government's plan to bring down its fiscal deficit to 5.3 per cent of gross domestic product by March-end to avoid a credit downgrade from global ratings agencies.
The government aims to raise $5.6 billion by selling shares in the 2012/13 fiscal year to March. Last week, it raised $585 million through a 10 per cent stake sale in state explorer Oil India Ltd.
It expects to sell shares in four other state companies before March-end, Mathur told reporters.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More