Govt employees in Telangana boycott work
They would hold road blockades today to mount pressure on the Centre for formation of Telnagana.
Hyderabad: Government employees in Telangana on Friday stayed away from work at many places in the region as part of the non-cooperation agitation to mount pressure on the Centre to introduce a bill in the Budget session of Parliament for formation of separate Telangana.
The employees held demonstrations and sit-ins and at some places played games kabaddi as a form of protest.
The Telangana supporters held protests at Central government offices at many places and some of them asked the staff to cooperate in achieving the statehood.
As per the call given by the Telangana political Joint Action Committee (JAC), the Telangana supporters have launched a non-cooperation agitation since thursday.
Under the plan of action announced by the JAC, the employees would hold road blockades from 10 am to 1 pm Saturday, JAC convener M Kodandaram told reporters.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology