DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Govt monitoring Gorakhpur: MHA
The Centre on Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to take special care to maintain peace in Gorakhpur.
New Delhi: The Centre on Tuesday directed the Uttar Pradesh government to take special care to maintain peace in Gorakhpur after three serial blasts rocked the border town's busy market place, injuring six people .
Sources in the Home Ministry said the Ministry was in touch with the state government and that Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta spoke with the Director General of Police in Lucknow to take stock of the situation.
Gupta advised the DGP to take adequate steps to see that "nothing untoward" happens in the wake of the blasts.
In Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Principal Secretary (Home) K Chandramauli said the blasts were of minor nature and some persons received only minor injuries.
He said the bombs were packed in polythene bags and tied to cycles. Area around the scene of the blasts had been sealed, he said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan - Strengths and Weaknesses
- Priyanka, Ranveer Extend Their Love to Sachin Tendulkar For His Biopic
- Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer Gives Detailed Glimpse of Vulture
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Not Just T20, Want to Do Well in Other Formats As Well, Says Krunal