Govt to raise monthly pension for seafarers to Rs 500
The ministry will source the additional funds by charging foreign shipping lines and registration agencies.
Mumbai: Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Friday said the government has decided to increase the monthly pension for seafarers to Rs 500. Under the revised scheme, seafarers will earn Rs 500 per month as against Rs 200 now, Vasan told reporters on the sidelines of the 50th National Maritime Day celebrations here.
The ministry will source the additional funds by charging foreign shipping lines and registration agencies, the minister added.
"The funds of Seafarers Welfare Society need to be augmented. We are exploring various measures in this regard like securing contribution from foreign shipping lines and registration agencies," he said.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video