Granollers beats Del Potro to make Valencia final
The Spaniard beat sixth-seeded Potro 6-4, 7-6 (4) to advance to his second consecutive final.
Valencia: Marcel Granollers of Spain beat sixth-seeded Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina 6-4, 7-6 (4) on Saturday to advance to his second consecutive final at the Valencia Open.
Del Potro started well on the indoor hard court, but Granollers took control with his serve-and-volley game to win the first set. In the second set, Granollers saved a set point to force a tiebreaker. The Spaniard then won six straight points to rally from 4-1 down to seal his place in the final.
Defending champion David Ferrer played unseeded Juan Monaco in the other semifinal. Granollers lost to Ferrer in last year's all-Spanish final.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner