Greater Noida: Woman allegedly killed for dowry
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry.
Greater Noida: A newly-married woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws in Jarch area in Greater Noida. Five persons, including her husband, have been booked, police said, adding that they are absconding.
According to the complaint filed by father of the twenty-year-old Renu, she got married to one Dushyant in April 2012. Since her marriage, she was constantly being harassed by her husband and in-laws.
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry. "Last night, they poured kerosene over her and burnt her to death," Deshraj alleged in the complaint.
The victim's body was sent for post mortem and a dowry death case has been registered against five persons, a police officer said. The accused were absconding till late evening on Friday, he said.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke Launch Live: 2017 Duke 390, Duke 200 and a Possible Duke 250
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Coldplay- Chainsmokers Collaboration is Here and We Expected Something Just Like This
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology