Greater Noida: Woman allegedly killed for dowry
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry.
Greater Noida: A newly-married woman was burnt to death allegedly by her in-laws in Jarch area in Greater Noida. Five persons, including her husband, have been booked, police said, adding that they are absconding.
According to the complaint filed by father of the twenty-year-old Renu, she got married to one Dushyant in April 2012. Since her marriage, she was constantly being harassed by her husband and in-laws.
Her father Deshraj alleged that after four months of marriage her in-laws started demanding more dowry. "Last night, they poured kerosene over her and burnt her to death," Deshraj alleged in the complaint.
The victim's body was sent for post mortem and a dowry death case has been registered against five persons, a police officer said. The accused were absconding till late evening on Friday, he said.
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Government Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Ranbir Kapoor Feels the Youth is Living in Hard Times Right Now
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story