Grenade attack on police station in Meghalaya
Police said that the rebels tossed the grenade at Williamnagar police station in the district headquarter of East Garo Hills.
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) rebels lobbed a grenade at a police station in western part of Meghalaya late on Sunday night but there were no casualties, police said.
The rebels tossed the grenade at Williamnagar police station in the district headquarter of East Garo Hills, a police official said. The incident took place at 11.30 p.m.
"There were no casualties," the police official said.
Meanwhile, police have launched a manhunt to nab the attackers. The GNLA, headed by rogue police officer-turned rebel R Sangma, has unleashed a reign of terror in the three impoverished districts of Garo Hills in western Meghalaya.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Shooting World Cup: Jitu Rai Wins 10m Air Pistol Bronze