DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Grenade attack on police station in Meghalaya
Police said that the rebels tossed the grenade at Williamnagar police station in the district headquarter of East Garo Hills.
Shillong: Suspected Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) rebels lobbed a grenade at a police station in western part of Meghalaya late on Sunday night but there were no casualties, police said.
The rebels tossed the grenade at Williamnagar police station in the district headquarter of East Garo Hills, a police official said. The incident took place at 11.30 p.m.
"There were no casualties," the police official said.
Meanwhile, police have launched a manhunt to nab the attackers. The GNLA, headed by rogue police officer-turned rebel R Sangma, has unleashed a reign of terror in the three impoverished districts of Garo Hills in western Meghalaya.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong