Guests arrive at Naomi Campbell's bash at Jodhpur
Twelve chartered planes ferried 200 guests for the birthday bash at the 15th century majestic Mehrangarh Fort.
Jodhpur: Twelve chartered planes today ferried around 200 guests here for the big birthday bash of British supermodel Naomi Campbell for her Russian billionaire boyfriend Vladimir Doronin at the 15th century majestic Mehrangarh Fort.
High-end sedans and vintage cars have been roped in for transporting the guests from the Jodhpur Civil Airport. Campbell, 42, who has been dating Doronin since 2008, has chosen Jodhpur over Jaipur for Doronin's 50th birthday bash because the place has been the part of many grand celebrations including that of Liz Hurley and Arun Nair wedding and Rishika Lulla's sangeet ceremony.
Back in 2010 Doronin had hosted Campbell's 40th birthday party in a grand way at the French Riviera. The Mehrangarh Fort has been decorated in vibrant Indian
and Rajasthani themes by the team of British designers. A source from the fort said that the imposing structure has never been decorated in such a magnificent way ever before by British designers.
The catwalk queen, who is the face of Doronin property company, started dating the tycoon after meeting him at the Cannes Film Festival four years back. She has reportedly splashed out USD 500,000 to have Grammy winner and American singer-actress Diana Ross perform at her billionaire Russian boyfriend party.
Meanwhile, the organizers have also sought security assistance from the city police.
DCP (East) Rahul Prakash said that the organizers had met him seeking some assistance in the form of police deployment and permission for using loud-speakers. "We have provided them with 50 policemen and 50 home-guards, who will take care of the security arrangements outside the fort and from the airport leading to it," he said. The main functions are scheduled for tomorrow and Wednesday and the venues will be the fort and the Umaid Palace respectively.
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- India can Produce up to 492 nuclear Bombs, Claims Pakistan Think-tank
- PM Nawaz Sharif has Become Security Risk for Pakistan, Says Imran Khan
- Misbah-ul-Haq Disappointed at West Indian Downfall
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar